One of the best things about Amsterdam is walking into a ‘coffeeshop’ and legitimately getting some that green herb. Just make sure you don’t confuse between a ‘coffee shop’ and a coffeeshop.
There are coffeeshops everywhere in the city, so here is a roundup of the ones are the must on your Amsterdam Travel. Compiled from two trips to the city.
- Prix D’Ami: One of the largest Coffeeshop is highly recommended apart from the obvious.
- Dampkring: This coffeeshop has a chilled out vibe and good quality strains. Their selection of tea is impressive, and the staff is happy to suggest you the best ones. Their special cake is something you should not miss.
- Amnesia: This coffee shop looks like a nice bar in the first glance, located in the Princhestraat canal Amnesia is a great coffee shop to chill. There is a good selection of strains, and they’re priced quite well. The board games and good music makes it a total hit.
- Mellow Yellow: The oldest Coffee shop in the city, this coffee shop is perfect if you around the Museum Square. The comfortable seating, trippy artwork on the walls and Live DJs, add to the charm. They have a kitchen that is open all night and is perfect for those munchies when you need them.
- Grey Area: This coffeshop which is frequented by celebrities over the years has a fan following all over the world. Check out their selection of glass bongs, and don’t forget to try your hands on the Volcano Vaporizer. The knowledgeable staff is impressive; the only downside is the limited seating.
- Abraxas: This funky coffee shop is a people favourite !. They play good music are have a decent selection of strains. The food is great but some healthy options too. Don’t forget to treat yourself with some brownies and hot chocolate if you are here.
- The Bulldog: Bulldog has over the years become synonymous with coffee shops of Amsterdam. They have many chains spread across and city centre and even a hotel. Expect a lot of Merchandize and the touristy crowd here but add it to your list and find out what the fuss is really about.
- Bluebird: Usually busy this coffee shop is popular with locals and tourists alike. While the ambience may seem dingy and worn out the friendly staff and good strains make up for it.
- Barney’s: This famous coffee shops are spread out in four locations; The lounge, Barney’s Uptown, Barney’s Cofee shop and the farm. The food selection is great and breakfasts are popular here.
- Green house Centrum: This touristy Coffee shop prides on its quality of strains. The terrace is popular and a great place to chill. Miley Cyrus, Rihanna and even the likes of Richard Branson have all been here.