The ever-evolving island of Bali has some pretty unique places to boast about, think quirky ambience, trendy food in general places that ensure you have the perfect holiday. After two trips to this paradise, I have listed some of the coolest places that aren’t just Instagram pretty but are worth your time and dime!
- L a Favela – It’s a Tropical garden with vintage colonial vibes and some rad curious and wall art. It is a place that will blow your mind; it is arguably the coolest place in Bali. I can go on about my love for this place endlessly and the fact that we ended up here two nights in a row is a proof of how charmed I was by this place.
- Cafe Organic Bali – The menu here has everything healthy, so you don’t stress on gaining weight on your beach trip. Fresh tropical and trendy foods galore there are tons of menu options to bid adieu to the last night’s hangover. Don’t miss the smoothie served in coconut shells
- Potato Head Beach Club – Laze on a sunbed like a potato and get some Balinese tan while sipping some excellent cocktails here, highly instagrammable this place is a must visit.
- Old mans Bali – The laid-back vibes and happy hours are the reasons you should head here; others include watching surfers on the Canggu beach or getting some really Instagram worthy pictures here. if that doesn’t cut it for you, they have great offers on beers and really good gelato to beat the heat.
- KU DE TA – Everything about KuDeTa is perfect, we spent hours chilling in the pool and made little trips to the beach and kept coming back for cocktail refills. Try the sharing cocktails which is quite heady, and the pizzas here are lip-smacking. The panoramic views of the Indian ocean from here guarantees some good shots.
- Taris – If you want a place with real beach feels and relax with sand between your toes then head here. Right next to La plancha (where we initially were headed to, but the music was nicer here that evening.) The colourful bean bags, well-priced food and drinks make Taris ideal for a sundowner.
- Motel Mexicola – Kitschy and quirky the eye-popping colours make motel mexicola a place to remember, but what makes it better is the delicious modern take on good old Mexican food. The drinks are peferct and as the sun goes down the places gets groovier.
- FINNS Beach Club – Finns is so spacious, and even when packed you’ll have plenty of spots to chill and laze around. They have happy hours at night, and the service and music make it a must on your list. The 180-degree views of the ocean and the strikingly beautiful all bamboo structure has plenty of photo-ops.
- Revolver Coffee – This is for serious coffee aficionados, revolver started as a tiny hall in the wall cafe and has now transformed into an eccentric hipster coffee house that knows how to brew a mean cuppa. The baristas are friendly and the decor will bring out the Instagrammer in you!.
- Rock Bar – Perched 14 metres above the Indian Ocean, The world famous Rock Bar at AYANA hotel is surely worth a visit. The dramatic sunsets and the glamorous vibe, the design seamlessly flows into the landscape. Expect a lot of tourists so your best bet is to arrive much before the sunset of the best views and a perfect Instagram shot.
Time to tick off some places off the list and have the most enviable trip to Bali. Tag @cityslicker_me and use the hashtag #Cityslicker in your uploads to get featured.