Been there, done that these tried and tested tips, should help you plan that trip with ease.
- Flights – Ibiza usually comes with a steep airfare as it is an island. Make best friends with Skyscanner. If you are flexible, try breaking your trip and add a destination on the way sometimes a combination ticket can be cheaper.
- The right season – If you’re travelling to the island to party then July to early September is when Ibiza hosts the hottest DJs, and the world brings its party shoes here, but if you are just looking for a relaxed family vacation avoid this season and get cheaper accommodation.
- Where to Stay: San Antonio – Best places to spot sunsets in Café Del Mar and Café Mambo.
Playa D’en Bossa – Best place for the party animals, you can be close to the action as Ushuaia, Space and Sankey’s are all here.
- Ibiza Old Town: Head out to explore the Ibiza Town to soak up some Ibiza history, also this place has plenty of shops, cafes and art galleries.
- Clubs: Its essential to pick the right club, in my opinion, the most well known are
- Booking your party: The club tickets are much more expensive on the door, so make sure you book your tickets from an authorised promoter near your stay. And check the entry times carefully. We booked ours from the Ibiza Rocks Reception where we stayed; I would also recommend checking out http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/tickets_i.htm for their calendar and booking through them.
- Getting around: The most convenient way to go around Ibiza is hiring a car, but of course don’t drink and drive. Major clubs have their official taxi ranks, or you could get into one of the disco buses that go to the major clubs.
- Plan your itinerary and keep some time/days aside for day trips around the island. Es Vedra and Formentera are some of the experiences you will remember for life.
- Most clubs have a casual dressing but check each before you head out, some clubs like Pacha do not allow shorts for men, but most are not strict. I rejoiced at the fact that I won’t have to wear heels to the club but yes don’t wear flip-flops either, someone will crush your poor feet in the club for sure.
- As the water on the island is sea treated water, it is not advisable for drinking. Make sure you drink bottled water only.
Take no pills in Ibiza; Avicii will still think you are cool, or probably not.
Have any tips you need to share from your travel? Tell us below.